- Use old socks, tee shirts or worn out towels for cleaning rags.
- Put your liquid cleaner in a spray bottle for easy use.
- One part vinegar and 3 parts water makes a good window cleaner.
- Don’t wash windows on a hot day. They dry to quickly and streak.
- To clean mirrors mix 2 parts water to 8 parts rubbing alcohol.
- Clean woodwork with cold tea.
- Place the crystals from a chandelier in a pillow case. Fasten tightly and place in the rack in the dishwasher to clean.
- Clean flower vases with 1 tbsp salt and 1 cup vinegar. Soak until clean.
- Use vegetable oil to remove tags from glass.
- Clean metal blinds with 1 quart water mixed with 3 tbsp vinegar and 2 tsp liquid detergent.
1 lb of sliced mushrooms
2 stalks of cut celery
1 red onion sliced
1 cup corn kernels
2 cups mini carrots
4 cups vegetable stock
1 package of veggie meat substitute
1 tsp dried rosemary
6 sliced, boiled and mashed potatoes
1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Saute mushrooms, celery, rosemary and onion in a frying pan until cooked.
In a stock pot cook carrots in vegetable stock. Add meat substitute and corn to the pot near the end of cooking. Remove from heat. Stir in mushroom mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture into a oven proof glass pan. Top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheddar cheese, Bake in a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes.
1/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp each of cloves, nutmeg and salt
2/3 cup raisings
1/3 cup chopped nuts
1 cup sour milk
Mix wet ingredients, mix dry ingredients and then mix alternately. Transfer to a loaf pan or layer pans. Bake in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven until a toothpick comes out clean. Depending upon the size of the pan this could be 30 – 45 minutes.
- Lemon trees originate from native to Asia, around Northeast India, North Burma, and China.
- Lemon’s contain citric acid which is a natural preservative. The juice when coated on fruit such as apples will keep them from turning brown.
- Lemons are an alternative treatment for acne and the juice when applied over a series of days can lighten blemishes.
- Lemon zest flavors cakes, cookies and main meals.
- Lemon mixed with olive oil strengthens nails.
- The lemon tree is an evergreen. It produces fruit all year.
- Lemon tree leaves can be used to make tea.
- Lemons are low in calories and aid in weight loss.
- Lemons contain more than 3/4 of a days worth of vitamin C.
- Lemons are technically berries