- Freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays. Cube can be used in ice coffee and to cool
down too hot brews.
- Take grapes off the stem and freeze. They make a great but low calorie sugary snack and are excellent in cold drinks.
- Purified water in a coffee maker makes the brew taste better and lengthens the life of the coffee maker.
- Try dissolving old fashioned mints in regular tea to perk up the taste.
- Rinse a pan with cold water first when boiling milk to stop the pan from boiling over.
- Chill the bowl, beaters and cream before beating whipped cream.
- Add 1 tsp of vinegar to water when boiling eggs. This will prevent the shells from cracking.
- Add a little vinegar to water and soak slightly wilted vegetables. It will make them crispier.
- Make your own salad dressings using infused vinegars and olive oil. It is cheaper and the taste is better. The ratio of vinegar to oil is 1:3. Taste mixture before using. Because of the type of vinegar and infusion tine varies you may have to adjust the ratio slightly.
- When cooking vegetables add a pinch of baking soda to the water to retain color.
- Tear lettuce instead of cutting it. Cutting the edges with a knife causes the lettuce to turn brown.