Cut flowers from the garden in late evening or early morning to ensure freshness.
- Cut the stems under water on a diagonal. This will ensure the stem absorbs moisture.
- Add 2 tbsp vinegar and 3 tsp sugar to water to allow cut flowers to last longer
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of Epsom salts around geraniums to make them bloom more often.
- Once a month dissolve an aspirin in a cup of tea and feed to plants to speed up growth.
- Use yogurt lid as a plant pot stand to protect furniture.
- Grow houseplants from avocado pits, orange pits, carrot tops, pineapple tops and tomatoes.
- Place a coffee filter in your pot before potting plants to prevent soil leakage.
- Use old ice cube trays to start plants
- Store flower bulbs in winter in old nylon stockings. Hang and allow the air to circulate around them.
- Use used nylons to stake up trees and tender plants.