Several years ago my niece gave me a glass Halloween ornament. In the next few years I collect other ornaments that could be used for a Halloween tree but I had no where to put them. I looked around in the craft stored but did not like the skinny trees that were sold for Halloween. So, I decided to get out the spray paint and make my own.
This craft is simple and only takes a few supplies including spray paint and glitter ribbon. I chose to paint the tree black but you could use purple or orange if you dare.
Instructions for creating a Halloween Tree
- Purchase a mini Christmas tree with a burlap base.
- Spray paint the green branches black and let dry.
- Twine green mini lights around the tree branches making sure that you hide the wires.
- Twine a black feather boa around the branches to fill in the spaces.
- Drape a green ribbon around the tree.
- Add decorative spiders and Halloween Ornaments
- Top with an orange glitter bow. Instructions on creating a bow can be found on this post.