- Cut the sugar by 10% in dessert recipes. Recipes will be healthier and less sugary sweet.
- Dip your scissors in hot water to cut sticky candy or marshmallows.
- Add 1 tsp of cornstarch to fudge to improve texture.
- Keep nuts in the freezer. They stay fresher.
- When doubling recipes do not double the salt content.
- Oil the measuring cup when measuring maple syrup, honey or corn syrup.
- Roll dried fruit in flour and then mix in batter to prevent the fruit from sinking to the bottom.
- Chill cookie dough 30 minutes before rolling. It handles easier and cooks better.
- When rolling dough on parchment, wet the underside of the paper to keep it from slipping.
- Use a salt shaker to sprinkle colored sugar or icing sugar onto cookies and cakes.
Homemade from the heart
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: