Store tomatoes at room temperature
- Grate carrots in your tomato sauce to sweeten naturally.
- Place a few grains of rice in your salt shaker to keep it from caking.
- To keep fruit from discoloring sprinkle it with lemon juice.
- Place berries on a cookie sheet to pre-freeze them and then move them into containers once frozen. This prevents them from sticking and becoming mushy.
- Freeze extra wedges of lime or lemon in a freezer bag for later use.
- To get more juice from a lemon put it in the microwave before you squeeze it.
- Dried orange peels thrown into the fireplace permeate the room with a lovely scent.
- To thicken soup and instant potato flakes to the mixture.