Store popcorn in the freezer and you will have fewer unpopped kernels.
- Use a buttered knife to slice soft pies.
- Bake two pie crusts on the bottom shelf of the oven. The top will be nicely browned and the bottom will be cooked through.
- Minute tapioca can be used to thicken fruit pies. Use 2 to 3 tbsp depending on the size of the pie plate.
- Chill all ingredients for a pie crust and do not overwork dough to ensure flaky crusts.
- Use a melon baller or ice cream scoop to drop cookie dough onto baking sheets.
- Chill cookie dough 30 minutes before rolling.
- Wrap individual slices of cake and freeze. The cake will thaw by lunch time if removed from the freezer in the morning.
- A slice of apple in a cake container will help keep cake fresh.
- Leave cloves out of cake that will be stored in cool temperatures (freezer or fridge). The spice gets stronger when cold.