Hairspray will help to remove sticky residue left by price tags on dishes.
- Sprinkle salt in the sink to settle an overabundance of suds.
- Put plastic wrap in the freezer a minute before using. It will not stick to the roll and run off unevenly.
- Old pop bottles can be filled with water and frozen for use in your picnic hampers.
- Styrofoam packing chips are good for placing as a drainage layer at the bottom of flower pots.
- Use lids from small plastic margarine tubs to separate hamburger patties when freezing.
- Label items in the freezer with tape. You can write the item and the date it was frozen directly on the tape.
- Wrap ends of a curtain rod with scotch tape when putting curtains on them. This prevents fraying of the delicate fabric.
- Sharpen old, dull scissors by cutting strips through light sandpaper.
- For bubble solution for children to blow bubbles use 2 tbsp of powdered detergent, one tbsp. glycerin and one cup of hot water with a few drops of food coloring. Always supervise children so they don’t swallow the mixture.