Save the bits of jam and jelly from the bottoms of jars and mix to use in a sauce for chicken.
- Add herbs to store bought spaghetti sauce to make an easy pizza sauce.
- Add a tsp of butter to spaghetti to stop it from boiling over
- Leave peels on scrubbed potatoes in stews. The peels add extra nutrients to the dish.
- Store leftover vegetables in the freezer and add to soups and stews.
- If your soup is too salty add a raw potato into the pot. Remove before serving. The potato will absorb much of the salt.
- Pour leftover tea in ice cube trays. Use in iced tea to keep the mixture cold without diluting it.
- Use broken crackers as coatings for fish and meat. Simply grind in small pieces and coat.
- To sweeten ham pour a small bottle of ginger ale over the meat and bake until done.
- Make meatloaf in muffin tins. It bakes faster and does not need to be sliced.