Never leave an open flame unattended, especially near a Christmas tree. Many fires are caused over the season from candles.
- Wrap presents in colorful comic strips, sheet music or wallpaper that you have around the house. Decorate with bows , baubles or greenery.
- Have a scavenger hunt for small trinkets to keep children busy while you are preparing the meal. They’ll have fun and you’ll have more time to prepare the turkey.
- Prepare as much of the food as you can ahead of time. Even better delegate specific dishes to family members who are coming to visit. Everyone will have more time to visit.
- Keep plenty of batteries on hand for gifts that unexpectedly need batteries or for cameras. You don’t want to be without your camera to record the fun.
- If you must drink invite guests to stay over for the night or alternatively take a taxi home.
- Make a garland from snapshots of your children from the past year and hang above the fireplace. Alternatively, children’s artwork can be cut in snowflakes, trees or snowman and strung in a garland as well. It’s a fun way to keep your children’s treasures without having to store reams of paper.