- Clean narrow necked bottles with vinegar and water. Add rice. Cap and shake to scour the bottle.
- To remove water scale form drinking glasses fill with vinegar and let sit until clear.
- In cool weather, when washing windows, wet your cloth with car windshield washer solution. Wipe and dry.
- Clean woodwork with cold tea.
- Mix 1 tbsp salt with a cup of vinegar. Add to flour vases to clean the grimy residue.
- Polish scratches on glassware with toothpaste.
- Rub peanut butter on price-tag glue to remove it.
- Prevent vases from scratching furniture by putting self-stick pads on the bottoms.
- Clean up broken eggs by sprinkling with salt and letting stand a short time. Wipe clean with a paper towel.