- Don’t put clay pots on furniture. The clay is porous and the water will seep through.
- To water clay potted plants while you are on holidays place a brick in the bath tube and fill with water to the top of the brick. The water will seep through the drainage hole in the clay plot and water your plans.
- Styrofoam packing chips are good substitutes for rocks placed in the drainage layer at the bottom of flower pots.
- Save empty egg cartons to plant your spring seeds in. The cardboard containers can be planted directly outside in the soil.
- Plant banana skins at the base of roses to provide vital nutrients for the plant.
- Crush egg shells and scatter around the base of roses to deter bugs.
- Plant dill near tomatoes to lure caterpillars away from the plants.
- Vinegar will destroy grass in driveway and sidewalk cracks.