- Use old socks, tee shirts or worn out towels for cleaning rags.
- Put your liquid cleaner in a spray bottle for easy use.
- One part vinegar and 3 parts water makes a good window cleaner.
- Don’t wash windows on a hot day. They dry to quickly and streak.
- To clean mirrors mix 2 parts water to 8 parts rubbing alcohol.
- Clean woodwork with cold tea.
- Place the crystals from a chandelier in a pillow case. Fasten tightly and place in the rack in the dishwasher to clean.
- Clean flower vases with 1 tbsp salt and 1 cup vinegar. Soak until clean.
- Use vegetable oil to remove tags from glass.
- Clean metal blinds with 1 quart water mixed with 3 tbsp vinegar and 2 tsp liquid detergent.
Veggie shepherds pie is healthy and comforting. Serve on a cold winter’s day with Homestyle Bread.
1 lb of sliced mushrooms
2 stalks of cut celery
1 red onion sliced
1 cup corn kernels
2 cups mini carrots
4 cups vegetable stock
1 package of veggie meat substitute
1 tsp dried rosemary
6 sliced, boiled and mashed potatoes
1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONSContinue reading Veggie Shepherd’s Pie
Spice cake uses warm fall spices to create an unforgettably moist cake. Add raisins or other dried fruit to enhance the flavour.
1/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp each of cloves, nutmeg and salt
2/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup chopped nuts
1 cup sour milkContinue reading Spice Cake